Tuesday 2 November 2010

Concept art

After doing my research I can now start using it to make my own ideas. The section of the ship I am working on is the Sleeping quarters for the sailors, I imagined this to be a hold deep in the ship, packed full of hammocks (take up less space and copes better with swaying of the ship than beds), I made two rows of hammocks on either side of a middle corridor, with two tiers of hammocks.

I will place personal belongings of the sailors tied to beams , below and on their hammocks and above hanging from the roof, this will give it a really cluttered claustrophobic look, although i will have to pre plan my shot so I don't do unnecessary work that wont be seen in the final video.

I'm also starting to make concept drawings of the sleeping area, to give my team-mates an idea of the feel i want for it, especially when the person doing the lighting and texturing gets to it.















No comments:

Post a Comment